Episode 004: Never Shout Never

never-shout-never-2012-promo

On Episode 004 of the show, I sat down with the members of Never Shout Never to talk shop. We chatted about Bandhappy (a songwriting lecture Christofer Drew gave on last summer’s Warped Tour), the push-and-pull of major label politics, and even heard Chris play the very first song he ever wrote. Chris also gave us some exclusive insight into the band’s upcoming plans for 2014, which includes an album of re-done Never Shout Never classics, an NSN release of brand-new songs and a solo album.

If you like what you hear, be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes so you don’t miss a single episode of the stories behind your favorite songs. Thanks for listening!

10 responses to “Episode 004: Never Shout Never”

1. Brianna y says:

Please love me chris and that other hot dude in the back to the right

2. Victoria says:

God, i see nevershout like twice a year… i might have to make it three times this year. I’m missing my boys. they really said things right in this.

3. Jaida says:

I was at the venue when this was being recorded! I love those first songs that Chris wrote haha

4. Niko says:

:DD this is amazing

5. Samantha says:

It was pretty cool listening to this interview!
    I met Chris last year at Warped tour at one of the band happy session in Denver. It was one of the best days of my life and i will never forget it. He’s truly an amazing guy and is so down to earth. There’s no better feeling in the world than just meeting your idol and reason for living. His music has got me through everything. Can’t wait to see NSN again. I made him a customized leather strap and he gave me a hug and we just started talkin… Best day of my life.

6. naiomi says:

I can’t love without my baby XD

7. Stefani Velazquez says:

I’m really glad that Never Shout Never has grown to who they are now. I’ve been getting tired of hearing people say “oh I miss the only NSN” and just drift away from their music. And it’s true what Chris said.. He isn’t 20 or 19 anymore.. He will keep growing.

8. Marie says:

This is one of my favorite Never Shout Never interviews that I’ve listened to! Great questions, Chris, Taylor, and Hayden had a lot to say like always hahaa. They’re such a fun group to listen to, not always serious but not always goofy..they’re perfect<3

9. Jenny Lou Gattis says:

My friend and I are the grandmas that were at the Springfield,Mo. Venue at the Outland Ballroom…we got a rude note from someone that said we were too old to be there..Christofer was very kind and hugged us and had his picture made with us old grandmas..our age does not define what kind of music we like…my granddaughter Mallory introduced us to NSN…and we plan on going to hear them anytime they are in our area…of course, we take the granddaughters with us…we have the best time.